Samsung Galaxy S4: How to Display or Hide Battery Percentage in Android 4.4.2 Kitkat

If you've had updated your Samsung Galaxy SIV to Android 4.4 Kitkat, you may noticed that now all icons on the status bar are black and white, no longer colorful as you used to see in the previous version.

See also: New Options and Features in Android 4.4.2 Kitkat in the Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500

Aside from some useful features, the one that I like in Android 4.4 is my battery life is now better than before. I don't know what has caused it, maybe it's because by default now the screen uses more soft and dark color. As we've known that darker color can save more battery life. Because I'm the one who are tight with battery issue, so I always pay attention about it, for example I never let the battery run out. To make it easier, I choose to display battery percentage on the status bar. It helps me a lot to know exactly how much the battery is left.


How to display or hide battery percentage on the status bar?
Generally, there are two methods that you can use to do so. You can see them below.


Method #1
  1. Go to Settings.
  2. Tap My Device tab.
  3. Tap Display.
  4. Depending on your current settings, tap Display battery percentage to enable or disable it. When the box next to this option is ticked means the battery percentage will be displayed in the status bar.


Method #2
  1. Go to Settings.
  2. Tap More tab.
  3. Tap Battery.
  4. Scroll to the very bottom, depending on your current settings, tap Display battery percentage to enable or disable it. When the box next to this option is ticked means the battery percentage will be displayed in the status bar.

If you're like me, It's easier to know how much battery is left by seeing the percentage than seeing the battery icon. This option also helps me to prevent my battery run out, because when I'm seeing the battery is left only a few percent, I'll immediately recharge the battery. Well, hope it helps :)

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Hi Cindy,
      Thanks for coming.
      I'm so glad to know that you can find something useful here :)

      Delete

Hi the insiders,
Thanks for coming and I hope you can get something useful here.
Before submitting your comment to ask about an issue, please make sure to provide information as much as possible (at least write your model number and Android version) and describe the problem clearly.
Also, since all comments will be moderated, all comments with irrelevant links(if any) or contain with offensive/harsh word will be deleted.
The last, if you have a question and can't find the relevant article, please feel free to reach me through the Contact us page. I'll be more than happy to reply the email and answer the question :)